Activist Mānuka Honey: 300+ MGO
Mānuka honey is highly revered for its natural antibacterial quality; a quality that sets it apart from other types of honey, and Activist's Mānuka is the best of the best. Wildcrafted in New Zealand by bees that pollinate the native mānuka bush, it is one of the most unique and beneficial forms of honey in the world. Activist's mānuka honey is harvested in a thoughtful and sustainable way that prioritizes the health of their bee population and the environment.
Mānuka honey, with its high antibacterial quality, is an incredible natural ingredient that can be used to calm and prevent breakouts and blemishes. Activist Mānuka honey is graded using the Methylglyoxal (MGO) grading system; the higher the MGO rating, the higher the level of antibacterial activity. We offer two qualities; 300+ MGO and 850+ MGO; this listing is for the 300+ quality. You can view and purchase Activist's 850+ MGO Mānuka Honey here.
We love to mix Mānuka Honey into our face masks, use it as a gentle morning cleanser, or add it to tea, granola, or a smoothie. We're known to even eat it by the spoonful to help boost immunity and curb a sweet tooth.
300+ MGO Rating
12 oz / 340 g
Activist is a family-owned and operated company based between California and New Zealand. Founders Gabrielle Mirkin and Luke Harwood built Activist to be a natural and transparent company as an extension of their lifestyle - their shared passion for the earth and natural products can be traced to their childhoods in New Zealand. Their goal is to build a sustainable business while nurturing and celebrating the craft of bee-keeping and the special resource of Mānuka Honey in their native country of New Zealand.
100% Raw Mānuka Honey
Product of New Zealand
Activist Mānuka is independently tested and certified in New Zealand. Activist Mānuka honey is graded using the Methylglyoxal (MGO) grading system, which verifies that the Mānuka honey you are buying is authentic. The MGO rating is well recognized as a mark of real Mānuka honey; the higher the MGO rating, the higher the level of antibacterial activity.
The MGO Certification is scientific, precise, and transparent and leaves no room for interpretation - it is Mānuka’s key differentiator and what sparks its global appeal. Products claiming to be Mānuka honey but not showing an MGO or UMF rating are unlikely to be genuine. With Activist, you can enjoy the confidence of purchasing premium Mānuka honey backed by the MGO guarantee.
A New Standard in Clean Beauty.
Say hello to truly natural, non-toxic skincare. The Sunday Standard was born from our desire for luxurious, high-quality products and our unwillingness to compromise on efficacy and safety. Our ingredients are chosen with blemish-prone skin in mind, and with respect for our health and the health of our planet. Our products are formulated to repair damaged skin from the inside out by promoting barrier repair and cellular renewal, eliminating blemish-causing impurities, and restoring balance to the skin’s natural oil production. Inflammation is soothed, environmental damage is reversed, and tired, problematic skin is brought back to life.
It’s Sunday self-care, for every day of the week.
- Clean beauty and the use of only non-toxic ingredients. All of our products are formulated without the use of parabens, phthalates, sodium laurel sulfate, or petroleum-based ingredients. We have researched our ingredient choices extensively, and have limited our ingredients list to only those which have been rated a 1 or 2 by the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database. These ingredients have been rated as “low hazard” and are unlikely to become bio-accumulative or contain developmental, reproductive, or immune system toxins. We are committed to continually researching and re-verifying the safety of our ingredients as new data emerges.
- Ensuring the safe use of fragrance. We follow the IFRA guidelines for safe use of fragrance and use only plant-derived, natural oils to scent our products – never synthetics. We source pure, high-quality essential oils to ensure that your skin receives all of the benefits of the plants from which they are distilled.
- Product safety. We use only ECOCERT certified preservatives, and are committed to using them at their lowest effective dosages. Our preservatives are laboratory made using plant-derived technology to ensure the omission of sensitizers such as benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate.
- Transparency. We always provide full, up-to-date ingredients lists in the internationally recognized INCI standard format. We are committed to product transparency and include information on each ingredient used in all of our formulas – including specific fragrance ingredients and their potential (naturally occurring) sensitizers.
- Being good members of our global community. We choose organic, non-GMO, and wild-harvested ingredients whenever possible. We package our products in glass as it’s better for you and better for our environment. We strive to recycle or reuse as much of our packaging material as possible, and to minimize single use plastics. We never test our products on animals, and we vet our supply chain to ensure that our raw materials are also never tested on animals. We know you have high standards, so we do too.