Maude Massage Candle
Maude's Massage Candle is hand-poured in Brooklyn and made with nourishing skin-softening jojoba oil; it can be poured on the skin once melted or simply used to infuse scent in the room. Developed with a master scent house in Brooklyn, this candle is fragranced with warming, natural notes of amber, cedar leaf, lemongrass, tonka bean, and Medjool date.
This candle is phthalate-free and made from a blend of vegan oils with a 100% cotton, lead-free wick. While the continuous burn time is upwards of 12 hours, Maude does not recommend burning the candle for that long as trimmings are more likely to accumulate in the oil pool, and the candle is more likely to burn unevenly (making it difficult to use for the future sessions). Instead, it's recommended to burn the candle in 10–15 minute increments.
Maude is a women-led company working to change the industry and create a company that stands for modern intimacy — all people welcome. Born in New Mexico and raised in California and Michigan, Éva Goicochea spent her early career as a legislative aide in healthcare and then a decade working with forward-thinking companies. No matter where she went, the “family planning” aisle looked the same: outdated, confusing, and not reflective of real people.
She converged her experiences to create the next chapter in the sexual wellness industry—a modern company built on quality, simplicity, and inclusivity.
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, [Parfum (Fragrance)], Lauryl Laurate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrogenated, Castor Oil, Cera Alba, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Jojoba Oil, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Benzyl Alcohol
How to Use Maude's Massage Candle:
Light the candle for 10–15 minutes to allow enough oil to form (and it’ll help set the mood). Once you blow out the candle, the melted oil is ready to use. Because it’s oil-based, the candle has a lower burning temperature and will be warm, not hot, to the touch. You can either pour the oil directly onto the skin or apply with your fingertips and massage it in. The light and silky texture will moisturize and absorb into the skin and can be reapplied as desired.
To extinguish your candle, gently blow out the flame and contain any smoke with the jar's lid. A wick snuffer works great, too. Never attempt to extinguish a candle using water.
A New Standard in Clean Beauty.
Say hello to truly natural, non-toxic skincare. The Sunday Standard was born from our desire for luxurious, high-quality products and our unwillingness to compromise on efficacy and safety. Our ingredients are chosen with blemish-prone skin in mind, and with respect for our health and the health of our planet. Our products are formulated to repair damaged skin from the inside out by promoting barrier repair and cellular renewal, eliminating blemish-causing impurities, and restoring balance to the skin’s natural oil production. Inflammation is soothed, environmental damage is reversed, and tired, problematic skin is brought back to life.
It’s Sunday self-care, for every day of the week.
- Clean beauty and the use of only non-toxic ingredients. All of our products are formulated without the use of parabens, phthalates, sodium laurel sulfate, or petroleum-based ingredients. We have researched our ingredient choices extensively, and have limited our ingredients list to only those which have been rated a 1 or 2 by the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database. These ingredients have been rated as “low hazard” and are unlikely to become bio-accumulative or contain developmental, reproductive, or immune system toxins. We are committed to continually researching and re-verifying the safety of our ingredients as new data emerges.
- Ensuring the safe use of fragrance. We follow the IFRA guidelines for safe use of fragrance and use only plant-derived, natural oils to scent our products – never synthetics. We source pure, high-quality essential oils to ensure that your skin receives all of the benefits of the plants from which they are distilled.
- Product safety. We use only ECOCERT certified preservatives, and are committed to using them at their lowest effective dosages. Our preservatives are laboratory made using plant-derived technology to ensure the omission of sensitizers such as benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate.
- Transparency. We always provide full, up-to-date ingredients lists in the internationally recognized INCI standard format. We are committed to product transparency and include information on each ingredient used in all of our formulas – including specific fragrance ingredients and their potential (naturally occurring) sensitizers.
- Being good members of our global community. We choose organic, non-GMO, and wild-harvested ingredients whenever possible. We package our products in glass as it’s better for you and better for our environment. We strive to recycle or reuse as much of our packaging material as possible, and to minimize single use plastics. We never test our products on animals, and we vet our supply chain to ensure that our raw materials are also never tested on animals. We know you have high standards, so we do too.