Nectrous Cold-Processed Bar Soap
We recommend cold-processed bar soap as a gentle way to cleanse the skin without the use of harsh surfactants and love it as a morning cleanse or the second step in a double cleanse routine. I personally love the Terrazzo Bar for facial use, the Dark Bar for body use, and the Hard Bar for weekly body exfoliation.
Terrazzo Bar: Formulated especially for the face, this bar suspends natural ingredients like spirulina, french pink clay, and carrot powder in a moisturizing lavender and sweet orange base.
Smells like: lavender and orange; reminding you that the universe is unpredictable but makes no mistakes.
Dark Bar: Formulated for face and body, activated charcoal detoxifies the skin while the rich lather leaves skin supple, clean, and subtly fragranced. A gentle yet effective bar soap.
Smells like: lemongrass, sitting by a pool with your best friends, lavender.
Hard Bar: Formulated specifically for use on the body, the Hard Bar is the ultimate exfoliating body bar. Pumice and poppy seeds buff away tired skin cells while the botanical oil base hydrates and reenergizes fresh skin. Skin is left feeling smooth, hydrated, and supple.
Smells like: woodsy cedar and fir balanced by sweet orange and fresh bright grapefruit
Nectrous is a skin and body care brand specializing in cold-processed bar soap for the face and body. Nectrous is a biracial, female-founded, and independent brand based in Vancouver, Canada on the unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Ingredients (Terrazzo Bar): Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Water, Glycerin, Avocado Oil, Castor Seed Oil, Lye, Lavender Essential Oil, Sweet Orange Essential Oil.
Ingredients (Dark Bar): Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Water, Shea Butter, Lye, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter, Lemongrass Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Activated Bamboo Charcoal.
Ingredients (Hard Bar): Olive Oil, Water, Coconut Oil, Apricot Kernal Oil, Avocado Oil, Castor Seed Oil, Lye, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Lavender Essential Oil, Sweet Orange Essential Oil, Tea Tree Essential Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil, Fir Essential Oil, Fine Grain Pumice, Poppy Seeds, Carrot Seed Extract.
A New Standard in Clean Beauty.
Say hello to truly natural, non-toxic skincare. The Sunday Standard was born from our desire for luxurious, high-quality products and our unwillingness to compromise on efficacy and safety. Our ingredients are chosen with blemish-prone skin in mind, and with respect for our health and the health of our planet. Our products are formulated to repair damaged skin from the inside out by promoting barrier repair and cellular renewal, eliminating blemish-causing impurities, and restoring balance to the skin’s natural oil production. Inflammation is soothed, environmental damage is reversed, and tired, problematic skin is brought back to life.
It’s Sunday self-care, for every day of the week.
- Clean beauty and the use of only non-toxic ingredients. All of our products are formulated without the use of parabens, phthalates, sodium laurel sulfate, or petroleum-based ingredients. We have researched our ingredient choices extensively, and have limited our ingredients list to only those which have been rated a 1 or 2 by the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database. These ingredients have been rated as “low hazard” and are unlikely to become bio-accumulative or contain developmental, reproductive, or immune system toxins. We are committed to continually researching and re-verifying the safety of our ingredients as new data emerges.
- Ensuring the safe use of fragrance. We follow the IFRA guidelines for safe use of fragrance and use only plant-derived, natural oils to scent our products – never synthetics. We source pure, high-quality essential oils to ensure that your skin receives all of the benefits of the plants from which they are distilled.
- Product safety. We use only ECOCERT certified preservatives, and are committed to using them at their lowest effective dosages. Our preservatives are laboratory made using plant-derived technology to ensure the omission of sensitizers such as benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate.
- Transparency. We always provide full, up-to-date ingredients lists in the internationally recognized INCI standard format. We are committed to product transparency and include information on each ingredient used in all of our formulas – including specific fragrance ingredients and their potential (naturally occurring) sensitizers.
- Being good members of our global community. We choose organic, non-GMO, and wild-harvested ingredients whenever possible. We package our products in glass as it’s better for you and better for our environment. We strive to recycle or reuse as much of our packaging material as possible, and to minimize single use plastics. We never test our products on animals, and we vet our supply chain to ensure that our raw materials are also never tested on animals. We know you have high standards, so we do too.