Blue Tansy & GLA Ultra-Clarifying Facial Oil
This deep emerald oil, rich in omega 3 fatty acids, heals your skin's current blemishes and prevents future imperfections by reducing inflammation and restoring your skin's lipid barrier. Luxuriously lightweight, this daily-use facial oil has been expertly formulated with a non-comedogenic oil base to promote balanced hydration in oily, troubled, and breakout-prone skin types. Acai berry oil, a rich source of powerful antioxidants, revitalizes damaged skin while blue tansy helps to soothe irritation and reduce redness. Petitgrain balances your skin’s natural oil production while naturally antibacterial tea tree promotes a healthy, blemish-free complexion. This fast-absorbing and non-greasy formula wears well under makeup and is perfect for all-day use, leaving your skin with a smooth, luminous, and slightly dewy finish.
Learn more about how omega 3 fatty acids work to heal adult acne and cystic acne in our recent blog post on the subject.
Plant Based. Cruelty Free. Vegan.
2.0 Fluid Ounces
Promotes a Healthy, Blemish-Free Complexion
Restores the Skin's Natural Lipid Barrier
Reduces Inflammation & Soothes Redness
Promotes Balanced Hydration
Wears Well Under Makeup
*** Scroll down to read customer reviews of this product!
Borage oil is nature’s richest known source of Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA), an Omega-6 Fatty Acid thought to be missing from the sebum of blemish-prone skin. Borage Oil, with an impressive 18% concentration of GLA, has been shown to reduce inflammatory and non-inflammatory lesions on the skin. Our Borage Oil is cold-pressed and organic, and helps to promote healthy skin cell regeneration.
Passion Fruit Seed Oil.
This feather-light oil is wild-crafted in Brazil and cold-pressed from the seeds of the exotic passion fruit. Rich in Linoleic Acid, this oil works to restore the lipid layer and boost hydration, increasing the softness and suppleness of the skin. Passion Fruit is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin A, and is known to be a natural source of passiflorine – a relaxing aromatic that reduces stress and fatigue, leaving you fresh-faced with a renewed sense of calm.
Evening Primrose Oil.
Second to Borage Oil in GLA content, Evening Primrose Oil is thought to speed up wound healing and promote the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Our organic and unrefined Evening Primrose Oil is cold-pressed to ensure maximum nutrient retention.
One of the most lightweight and fast-absorbing carrier oils available, our cold-pressed organic grapeseed oil is an important source of Omega-6 Fatty Acids, known to nourish and protect the skin, leading to improved texture and a more even tone. A rich source of antioxidants and Linoleic Acid, this dry-feel oil works to prevent transepidermal water loss and promote all-day, lightweight hydration for dull and stressed skin.
Acai Berry Oil.
Cold-pressed from acai berries and wild-crafted in the Amazon basin, our acai berry oil has a remarkable nutrient profile, delivering skin with a combination of Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9 Essential Fatty Acids to support cellular structure, and Vitamins E and C, plus a range of B-Vitamins to rejuvenate and revitalize tired, troubled skin. This highly moisturizing oil has powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, working to undo damage from environmental stressors and free radicals.
This ocean-blue oil gets its deep, inky-blue color from the aromatic compound chamazulene. A chamomile derivative, blue tansy helps to soothe irritated skin, reduce the appearance of redness, and rebalance oily or troubled skin. Our Ultra-Clarifying Facial Oil gets its rich jewel tone and semi-herbaceous scent in part from blue tansy.
Petitgrain, an essential oil steam distilled from the leaves and twigs of the bitter orange tree, is said to encourage a balance in the skin’s natural sebum levels. For those with oily skin, petitgrain oil may reduce excess sebum production, leaving skin that is well balanced and hydrated.
Tea tree essential oil is naturally anti-bacterial and clinically proven to reduce blemishes and breakouts. We source organic tea tree oil to ensure that the anti-bacterial properties inherently found in tea tree aren't minimized by the use of pesticides during the growing process of conventional farming.
How to Use Facial Oils:
Apply 2-3 pumps to cleansed skin.Lightweight and fast-absorbing, our Ultra-Clarifying Facial Oil wears beautifully under makeup; allow 3-5 minutes for the product to absorb before applying.
Facial oils should be layered over your moisturizing creams and serums to lock-in active ingredients and create a moisture seal on the skin. Always apply a facial oil as the last step in your skincare routine. Our Blue Tansy & GLA Ultra-Clarifying Oil is formulated to be the perfect partner to our Rosehip & Sea Buckthorn Restorative Night Oil. When used together, we recommend the Ultra-Clarifying Oil for morning use and the Restorative Night Oil for evening use. Everyone's skin is different ~ if you find that you crave the lightweight hydration of our Ultra-Clarifying Oil during the evening, it is perfectly acceptable to make it a part of your nighttime routine!
Purchase both oils as a set here.
Full Ingredients List:
*Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, *Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, +Passiflora Incarnata (Passionfruit) Seed Oil, *Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, +Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Oil, *Tanacetum Annuum (Blue Tansy) Oil, *Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, *Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Petitgrain) Leaf/Twig Oil, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Tocopherol, ^Geraniol, ^Citronellol, ^Limonene, ^Linalool
*Certified Organic Ingredients
+ Wild Harvested Ingredients
^Naturally Occurring Component of Essential Oils
A New Standard in Clean Beauty.
Immerse yourself in a truly natural, non-toxic skin care experience. The Sunday Standard is a plant-based skincare line built for those looking for a luxurious, spa-quality experience, who are unwilling to compromise on efficacy or safety. Our products, formulated with blemish-prone skin in mind, repair damaged skin from the inside out as they work to promote barrier repair and cellular renewal, eliminate blemish-causing impurities, and restore balance to the skin’s natural oil production. Inflammation is soothed, environmental damage is reversed, and tired, problematic skin is brought back to life.
It’s Sunday self-care, for every day of the week.
Emma Butt, Founder of The Sunday Standard
- Clean beauty and the use of only non-toxic ingredients. All of our products are formulated without the use of parabens, phthalates, sodium laurel sulfate, or petroleum-based ingredients. We have researched our ingredient choices extensively, and have limited our ingredients list to only those which have been rated a 1 or 2 by the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database. These ingredients have been rated as “low hazard” and are unlikely to become bio-accumulative or contain developmental, reproductive, or immune system toxins. We are committed to continually researching and re-verifying the safety of our ingredients as new data emerges.
- Ensuring the safe use of fragrance. We follow the IFRA guidelines for safe use of fragrance and use only plant-derived, natural oils to scent our products – never synthetics. We source pure, high-quality essential oils to ensure that your skin receives all of the benefits of the plants from which they are distilled.
- Product safety. We use only ECOCERT certified preservatives, and are committed to using them at their lowest effective dosages. Our preservatives are laboratory made using plant-derived technology to ensure the omission of sensitizers such as benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate.
- Transparency. We always provide full, up-to-date ingredients lists in the internationally recognized INCI standard format. We are committed to product transparency and include information on each ingredient used in all of our formulas – including specific fragrance ingredients and their potential (naturally occurring) sensitizers.
- Being good members of our global community. We choose organic, non-GMO, and wild-harvested ingredients whenever possible. We package our products in glass as it’s better for you and better for our environment. We strive to recycle or reuse as much of our packaging material as possible, and to minimize single use plastics. We never test our products on animals, and we vet our supply chain to ensure that our raw materials are also never tested on animals. We know you have high standards, so we do too.