Momotaro Apotheca Salve
Momotaro's signature Salve is a soothing and cooling balm that melts into the skin to instantly address vulvovaginal dryness, itching, and irritation.
A coconut and jojoba oil base helps protect your skin’s natural moisture barrier to protect you from everyday stressors and general irritation from sex, clothing, or exercise. Natural anti-inflammatories goldenseal, echinacea, and calendula help comfort symptoms associated with yeast and bacterial infections.
When used regularly, this vitamin and antioxidant-rich salve safely works with your body to help balance pH and naturally support your body’s ability to heal itself without disrupting hormones, pheromones, or medication.
Recommended Use: Apply a dime-size amount around the vulva or affected area with clean hands as needed. Safe to be used daily. Avoid contact with broken skin and mucous membranes.
Momotaro Apotheca is a certified organic and cruelty-free vulvovaginal care line that supports your body’s natural ability to heal.
Their proactive plant-based products work gently yet effectively to systemically address symptoms such as itching or irritation that can stem from infections, pH imbalance, or general discomfort from sex, clothing, or exercise.
Momotaro is a 50% female-founded independent brand based in Portland, Oregon, and is majority Queer operated.
Ingredients: Organic Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Organic Kokum Butter (Garcinia Indica), Organic Beeswax (Cera Alba), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Organic Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Goldenseal Leaf (Hydrastis Canadensis), Echinacea (Echinacea Purpurea), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis), Oregon Grape (Berberis Aquifolium)
A New Standard in Clean Beauty.
Say hello to truly natural, non-toxic skincare. The Sunday Standard was born from our desire for luxurious, high-quality products and our unwillingness to compromise on efficacy and safety. Our ingredients are chosen with blemish-prone skin in mind, and with respect for our health and the health of our planet. Our products are formulated to repair damaged skin from the inside out by promoting barrier repair and cellular renewal, eliminating blemish-causing impurities, and restoring balance to the skin’s natural oil production. Inflammation is soothed, environmental damage is reversed, and tired, problematic skin is brought back to life.
It’s Sunday self-care, for every day of the week.
- Clean beauty and the use of only non-toxic ingredients. All of our products are formulated without the use of parabens, phthalates, sodium laurel sulfate, or petroleum-based ingredients. We have researched our ingredient choices extensively, and have limited our ingredients list to only those which have been rated a 1 or 2 by the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database. These ingredients have been rated as “low hazard” and are unlikely to become bio-accumulative or contain developmental, reproductive, or immune system toxins. We are committed to continually researching and re-verifying the safety of our ingredients as new data emerges.
- Ensuring the safe use of fragrance. We follow the IFRA guidelines for safe use of fragrance and use only plant-derived, natural oils to scent our products – never synthetics. We source pure, high-quality essential oils to ensure that your skin receives all of the benefits of the plants from which they are distilled.
- Product safety. We use only ECOCERT certified preservatives, and are committed to using them at their lowest effective dosages. Our preservatives are laboratory made using plant-derived technology to ensure the omission of sensitizers such as benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate.
- Transparency. We always provide full, up-to-date ingredients lists in the internationally recognized INCI standard format. We are committed to product transparency and include information on each ingredient used in all of our formulas – including specific fragrance ingredients and their potential (naturally occurring) sensitizers.
- Being good members of our global community. We choose organic, non-GMO, and wild-harvested ingredients whenever possible. We package our products in glass as it’s better for you and better for our environment. We strive to recycle or reuse as much of our packaging material as possible, and to minimize single use plastics. We never test our products on animals, and we vet our supply chain to ensure that our raw materials are also never tested on animals. We know you have high standards, so we do too.